Sunday 1 December 2013

December already...

Time just seems to be flying past at the moment, and with the promise of 'stuff that must be done' looming (buying, tidying, making, etc) it feels as if the clocks are speeding up even more... Outside, the leaves are still looking gorgeous but the berries are starting to take over as the 'colour interest'.


Indoors, we still have pumpkins dotted around the house, waiting patiently for me to either get on and paint them or just put them out of their misery.


Off to St Peter's the other day for another vintage fair organised by Juniper Flowers, and then to my favourite shop in town, AG Lifestyle, which I'd happily move into.


AG Lifestyle is just across from Waitrose, and five minutes stroll to the train station, so it would make an ideal home... but for the lack of a bed, and pesky customers trying to buy everything when you're trying to have a quiet cup of tea and a custard cream.


I received this postcard from my sister-in-law and niece, from an exhibition of Frida Kahlo's work at the Musée d'Orsay. Beautiful painting - I like the stylisation of Kahlo's work very much and this painting demonstrates that particularly well. Inspiring. My lovely niece is coming to stay tomorrow, so I will make sure she tells me every detail of the exhibition!

 

Okay doke, off to start a veggie stew/soup/something or other, with all the lovely veg* bought at the farmers' market the other day, before Mr Drookit gets home from his bike ride.


*Romanesco cauliflower looked particularly lovely - not sure yet what to do with it, but I'm sure it will be interesting!

No comments: